Why Become a Member of the Ohio Bluebird Society (OBS)?
- You can connect with others who love nature and love helping Bluebirds.
- Help the Bluebirds and other cavity nesting birds by encouraging the efforts of OBS to fulfill its mission statement.
- Have access to expert advice from experienced Bluebird trail monitors, teachers and scientists.
- Have the opportunity to use your talents and gift to help others.
- Receive the quarterly OBS newsletter and read about what others are doing to help Bluebirds and other native cavity nesting birds.
- Have access to OBS archived educational articles, box building plans and trail stories.
- Receive an OBS decal which you can proudly place on you vehicle displaying your support toward Bluebird restoration.
- Help support the OBS website where others can connect, learn and grow.
- Have the opportunity to share your photos and trail stories on the OBS web site and in the OBS newsletter.
- Come and enjoy our educational and entertaining annual conferences.
Support the OBS - Shop Online With Amazon Smile
What is AmazonSmile?
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Ohio Bluebird Society every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to OBS.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to AmazonSmile to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select a charitable organization like The Ohio Bluebird Society to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change, count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from almost one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations. The Ohio Bluebird Society is eligible as a 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If an organization does not register to participate or becomes ineligible, you will have a chance to select a different organization or Amazon will redistribute donations earned among other organizations receiving donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to The Ohio Bluebird Society. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, Amazon may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.